What equipment do I need to play field hockey?

Field hockey players need a stick, mouth guard, shin pads, and appropriate footwear for playing on artificial turf surfaces.

*Looking for a second hand stick? Please contact burnabybears@gmail.com with your request.

**Local field hockey stores include:

Hockey King Sports | Just Field Hockey | Field Hockey Shack 

Where are Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West and Cariboo Hill Secondary School located?

Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West is located on Joe Sakic Way off of Kensington Avenue in Burnaby. Helpful landmarks include Bill Copeland Arena, Canlan Ice Sports Burnaby 8 Rinks, and Fortius Sport & Health.

Cariboo Hill Secondary School is located on 16th Avenue in Burnaby, but the turf oval that we play on, is best located off of Armstrong Avenue through the back parking lot.  

How can I access financial support for my child?

Please contact KidSport Burnaby directly in order to apply for subsidy. We are happy to support this process in any way that we can. 

What is a Field Hockey BC membership and why do I need it?

Field Hockey BC is the governing body of our sport in British Columbia. Please check out FHBC's membership page to find out the full details on what membership is all about.